I am a software engineer at Google (in Zürich, Switzerland).
- Program analysis and reverse engineering, with emphasis on the analysis of binary code
- Virtual machines
- Trustworthy computing
- Computer and network security
- Spam and spam prevention
- Computer forensics
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Apr. 2009
Università degli Studi di Milano – Dipartimento di Informatica e Comunicazione
Dissertation titled "Dynamic techniques for malware analysis"
Advisor: Prof. Danilo Bruschi (Università degli Studi di Milano)
Co-adviser: Prof. Somesh Jha (University of Wisconisn–Madison)
- M.Sc. in Computer Science (110/110 cum laude), Oct. 2004
Università degli Studi di Milano Bicocca – Dipartimento di Informatica Sistemistica e Comunicazione
Thesis on computer forensics.
- From August 2010 to August 2011, I was a postdoctoral researcher at UC Berkeley. I worked on system and application security for Prof. Dawn Song, in the BitBlaze research group.
- From May 2008 to June 2010, I worked at Università degli Studi di Udine as a reasearch assistant, under the supervision of Prof. Furio Ercolessi. My research work was sponsored by The SpamHaus Project, the world largest anti-spam non-profit organization.
- From Sep 2006 to May 2008, I was a visiting research scholar at University of Wisconisn–Madison and I worked on malware analysis and detection under the supervision of Prof. Somesh Jha.
- Until mid 2010, I occasionally worked as an independent security consultant (doing mostly forensic analysis, network and application security auditing and hardening, and teaching).
|Email & Jabber/XMPP|
|GPG Key||0x8B143975 (fingerprint: 363D 3EF3 CC92 2069 949C 4F11 6C57 2D70 8B14 3975)|